Tuesday, September 8, 2009

first group ride 9/4

I know I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out for the group ride last friday. We had 11 at one point, and a core of 9 that made it out and back on a 45 mile loop. It was a great turnout and dynamic, and I hope more will come out for a steady sunday group ride. If enough people show up, we can split it into A and B groups. More info on the Sunday Group ride to come.

If you didn't hold pace because you had mechanical issues, or trouble staying with the, dare I say, overly excited group, PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. There will be many more rides at a much mellower pace suitable for all beginners. Start there, and with a little effort and determination, you'll be hanging on the harder rides.

I'll leave you all with this sweet vid of one of my personal fav's--Fabian Cancellara. Peep these descending skillz! one of the best bike handlers in the peleton.


-ster

No comments:

Post a Comment